The objectives of the MIEO’s activities are to:
- Create awareness of the opportunities for energy savings within plant items that represent a major portion of electricity consumption in mining and industry.
- Show how a wider systems, or holistic, approach multiplies energy savings.
- Demonstrate successful results through case studies and working examples.
- Secure sustained support from large energy users by demonstrating that energy saving opportunities are commercially and financially very attractive in their own right, and contribute significantly to a positive business bottom-line.
- Provide an understanding of how energy intensive users can create large, sustainable, lowered pressure on the national electricity grid, which is the ultimate aim for the benefit of the country and the global environment.